Tuesday, February 8, 2011

(Amy Loveless)
Having not actually been in class on the day of this awesome experience because of sickness and fatigue, I was surprised and excited to receive news of an unexpected and artistic assignment. I told my roommate- I told my boyfriend- I told everyone! I LOVE to express myself artistically. It is freedom to me, and the TED video was the most amazing one yet for me! Having not been there, I engaged on an exciting adventure, however, to get the list of words from a classmate and get to work.

Though I thoroughly enjoy art and almost all forms of creativity, I have been struggling lately to draw or write anything that felt beautiful. But in the excitement of the video and the movement in the words, I felt excited and anything but stressed. In fact, the stress I had felt at the looming homework load I had before me after missing two days of classes and because of the dying flu symptoms I still had, floated away happily. And I simply drew. What immediately came to mind as I read the words was a dancer... and I was at first intimidated a bit at putting all the action and movement I felt in the words into a tangible drawing. But as I drew (and observed a bit of dancers on Google images, I found that it was the most wonderfully liberating experience I've had in a long, long time. Here is the outcome, though the school scanners served it badly: Live. Laugh. Learn. Joy. Freedom. Expression. Belief. Smiles. Life. Become. Hope.

This is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment